No matter how hard you try, carpet stains happen! Accidents are frequent in homes especially with kids and pets, if carpet stains happen don’t stress you can quickly adhere and remove unwanted stains. If carpet stains occur you do not always require professional carpet cleaning services. There are a number of ways to remove the stain without harsh chemicals, using common products found around the house. We have listed easy ways to remove the top 4 most common household carpet stains.
Removing Juice & Wine Carpet Stains
Juice, especially red juice can create dark and unsightly carpet stains especially if the carpet is white. If you get kool-aid or juice stains on your carpet take a deep breath and follow the procedures below:
- Step 1: Gently blot the stain with a dry towel. Make sure not to rub the stain, rubbing can make it more difficult to remove the carpet stain and could potentially lead to saturation of the carpet padding.
- Step 2: Use a mixture of 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 teaspoon of Dawn dish soap, and water in a spray bottle. Spray the juice stain and let soak for 5-10 minutes, then blot the stain again.
- Step 3: Use a professional carpet stain removal products. These include BISSELL® Carpet Cleaning Formulas, RESOLVE® Carpet Cleaners, and even OxiClean®. For stubborn stains use one of these as directed and use vinegar, soap, and water.
Removing Pet Carpet Stains
Pet owners often deal with undesirable pet stains including pee, mud and more. If your pet leaves you a surprise, don’t overreact simply follow the steps to remove the unwanted stains.
- Step 1: Clean up the initial mess including debris. Pick it up with gloves or a plastic bag and dispose of it. If the stain is wet, simply use the blot method to soak up the moisture. Blot the problem area until the carpet stain is removed.
- Step 2: If the stain is already dried up on the carpet the best procedure is to make the stain moist using water or pet stain cleaning products that are formulated to remove pet stains.
- Step 3: Remove foul odors associated with pet stains by using white vinegar and/or baking soda. Mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with warm water and spray on the carpet stain. Allow the vinegar solution to soak in and then dab with a damp cloth. If the stain is a stubborn stain, mix in laundry detergent into the spray bottle.
Removing Coffee Carpet Stains
Coffee stains can look unsightly and reside for a long time. If you enjoy a morning coffee and your carpet becomes stained follow this process to effectively remove the stain.
- Step 1: Dry the coffee stain by blotting with a dry towel. If there is a larger stain or substantial spill, make sure you are not spreading the stain.
- Step 2: Use a mixture of vinegar, water, and a gentle, non-bleach detergent mixed into a spray bottle.
- Step 3: of the stain is stubborn and you are having difficulty removing it use a cleaning product that is available at Grocery Stores, Wal-Mart & Home Improvement Outlets. There are cleaners available that can make the coffee stain removal easy, just properly follow the instructions.
- Step 4: There are some carpets such as Polypropylene that will respond safely to a mixture of water and bleach. If you have a bleach safe carpet mix 1/4 cup of bleach to 1 and a 1/4 cup of water in a spray bottle.
Removing Blood Carpet Stains
There is a lot of anxiety associated with unwanted blood stains, not only are they usually a follow-up to an injury they are also difficult to remove from clothing and carpets. If your home or business carpets have blood stains follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Use cold water! Make sure you always use cold water to clean up blood from carpets. It is important to use cold water over warm because blood coagulates with heat. The cold water will prevent the blood stain from permeating into the carpet.
- Step 2: Fill a spray bottle with 2 tsp. of a grease-fighting dish detergent (make sure the dish detergent is liquid), and cold water, spray this solution on the blood stain. Make sure the carpet stain is moist this ensures the blood stain is entirely soaked. Use some paper towel or a dry lightly coloured cloth to blot the stain. Blotting will ensure that the stain is transferred to the cloth and away from the carpet. Repeat this step multiple times if necessary.
- Step 3: For stubborn or large stains use products such as OxiClean®. Make sure any solution or product used is bleach free and has abilities to oxygenate the blood carpet stains. These products are ideal for blood stains. Apply the solution and product to the stain and blot until dry (repeat if necessary).
- Step 4: Blood stains are persistent and stubborn and can often require repetition of some if not all of the procedures. After persistence and several tries the blood stain should be removed and the carpet will be clean. If the stain persists seek out a professional carpet cleaner.
Properly Removing Stains From Carpet
If you have a number of carpet stains or your carpet is dirty contact the services of a carpet cleaning professional. Mango Maids proudly offers a number of eco-friendly carpet cleaning alternatives for residential and commercial properties. If you require carpet cleaning services in Calgary or Edmonton trust the team at Mango Maids.